Friday, May 29, 2009

The Mountains are Calling

I have a deep love for mountains. I was raised outdoors exploring all the wild wonders of nature. There is nothing like escaping to someplace as beautiful and tranquil as the mountains. I am craving the sense of wellbeing and peace that I find when I journey there. I love the sounds of the wind blowing against the leaves in the trees, the sound of a little bubbling brook, a raging river or the serene stillness of a hidden lake. I love the absence of city noise and prefer to go to less densely populated areas. I need to take the time to go really soon. I have not been able to enjoy trips to the mountains much in the last several years. When I go, I have a sense of going home. I find great comfort, healing and joy from the outdoors. I know that a lot of people seek out this same experience by going to the beach. While I love the ocean and I do enjoy it immensely, it’s the mountains that I crave. My yearning to spend time in the mountains continues to grow with each passing day. I look at them longingly on my way to work and on my way home. I love the look of the soft peaks as the sun rises above them in the early morning quiet hours, I love the way the sun sets behind them and sets them all aglow… but even more, I love being in them, enjoying the sounds, the smells and all the beauty that surrounds me.

No comments:

Post a Comment