Monday, May 25, 2009

Have you had your laugh today? LOL

Laughter…. As I have stated before, laughter (and a good nights sleep! Haha!) truly is the best medicine. I have had a couple of rough weeks. Life is full of seriousness and responsibilities. If you don’t find the humor or see the beauty or the good, it’s all too easy for life to get the better of you.

Tonight I had a great shift at work. We laughed, we joked, I danced with the girls and just let my hair down (figuratively speaking of course, my job requires my red mane to be in an “up-do”).

I am back to feeling like myself. I am thankful for that. I am an optimist at the core. I know myself well and I like who I am. I seem to have an inborn ability to set the tone. If I am sad, angry or frustrated it seems that those around me are sad, angry or frustrated. On the flip side, if I am having a great time, it seems that everyone around me lightens up and joins in the fun. I have great leadership abilities, even though I choose not to be a leader.

I enjoy the beauty around me in people and places. I love the scenery on the drive to work every day, even though I see it all the time. I enjoy watching all the changes as the seasons progress… the sun peaking out from the mountain tops, the snow line changes with fresh snow or melting snow, the green darkening on the leaves as summer approaches and the flowered blooms as they fall to the ground to make way for new growth. I can choose to be oblivious to all this great beauty or I can choose to breath it in, bask in it, savor it, and let it fill me with great peace and serenity.

Exercise and eating right are good for the body; laughter is good for the soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment