Thursday, May 7, 2009

Tongue Tied

I have never been one of those super open women, the kind that can tell anybody everything. I usually have one or two good friends that I confide in and even then its in my nature to isolate myself when something is really bothering me. I have been working on this and trying to not retreat into solitude. I am honest and direct about most things, but when it gets personal, I often find that I stumble through the words to explain the thoughts and emotions I am experiencing. It’s not comfortable or natural for me to be that open. I had an experience recently that has me a little tongue tied at the moment. I do not fear rejection, I don’t fear misunderstanding, and so why is it so hard for me to just say what’s on my mind or how I feel? What is it I’m so afraid of? I am a little disappointed in myself right now. I feel like I could have, should have handled things differently (better) than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment