Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Rain

After a few days of sunshine, we are back to rain here in the Pacific Northwest (Surprise! LOL). While I am a girl who definitely thrives and flourishes in the sunshine and the rain can definitely “play with my mood”, today I have the day off. All of my “have to’s” are finished and I can just sit back and enjoy the tranquility. I love the sound of the rain as it touches my rooftop. I love the smell of the damp earth and the scent of the pines. Today, instead of depressing, I am finding the rain to be enjoyable and soothing. Don’t get me wrong, I am looking forward to sun breaks again soon, but for today I will enjoy the weather just for what it is, rain. I will open my windows and let the smell permeate through my living space. I will light candles and chase away a little of the grey. I will put on some good “soul music” and let my body sway with the soft rhythms. I will let the softness of the weather nourish me and the gentle sounds fill me with peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment