Tuesday, June 2, 2009

All work and no play makes me a dull girl! LOL

What do you love?

Someone recently posed the question to me, “What do you do for fun?” I have never actually taken the time to sit and ponder just what it is I enjoy doing. I drew a blank for a response to the question. There are a lot of things I enjoy doing. I love crafting, making soap from scratch, writing, cooking and creating recipes. I find myself happiest in the company of friends. I am social by nature and enjoy being around people. I love interior decorating and could spend hours staring at the pages of decorating magazines. I am a creative person and I think expressing my creativity is what I most enjoy, regardless of the activity. I love seeing new places and experiencing new things and seek out those opportunities. I need to get better at doing those things that make me feel fulfilled on a daily basis. I get stuck in the same rut as everyone else and spend so much time in the crux of responsibility that I forget to take time out for myself, to simply enjoy my life. I put conditions on myself. You would enjoy doing this more IF…. If I were more organized, if I had a bigger chunk of time at my disposal, if I took care of this or that first; while that may be true, it’s very limiting. Why do we restrict ourselves that way? Doing thing we love and enjoy is a very important part of our wellbeing. We should make those things a priority.

Off to play!!

No comments:

Post a Comment