Friday, July 3, 2009

Your Measure of "Success"

I would rather spend my days living my life than spend all my life making a living. My definition of success will never be measured by my financial status. If the dream you’re chasing is money, there is always more to be made and you will never be satisfied. If the dream you are chasing has depth, meaning and is bridled with compassion and service to others, you can bet you will have a greater sense of accomplishment when you reflect back on your life. Give me integrity and a strong sense of character; that is worth more than any number behind any dollar sign.

My riches are in the people I surround myself with. My friends, true friends, can’t be bought, and I am not for sale. You can’t put a price on a person. No matter how much money you make (or don’t) has no bearing on whether or not you impress me. I know what value I bring to the friendships I cultivate. I expect no less from the people who wish to be a part of my life. My friendship is NOT for everyone. I do not wish to waste my time or energy on those who do not deserve a place in my life. I reserve the right to be selective in the people who I surround myself with. After all, you are only as good as the company you keep and you can only reap what you sow.

No comments:

Post a Comment