Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Integrity, Honesty, Truth and Character...

Integrity, Honesty, Truths and Character…Those little white lies are bigger than you think.

We are all guilty.

Deception is deception, no matter how big or small. I have never heard any one exclaim how grateful they were when they have been deceived.

There is a quote:

“Be careful of your thoughts, for your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions become your character…and character is everything.”

I am not sure the author or originator of this quote, but what wise words. As long as you’re living with integrity and purpose, your character has less chance of being called into question. If you’re living a life full of deception and lies, you must expend a lot of energy in hiding the truths.

I desire to have a strong sense of character. I want to be able to stand strong and proud with out shadows lurking in my closet. I want to be trustworthy to those around me. Trust, in my opinion, is no small thing. It has to be earned, is easily lost and hard to regain.

I only speak for myself. I do not stand in judgment of others. I have not walked in their shoes. I am not self righteous. I have plenty of life lessons that I have yet to learn. I am just a humble seeker of truth and knowledge, stating my thoughts and opinions.

Life is a journey worth living. Why not spend it with integrity and good character. It’s not always easy, but in my opinion, it’s always worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment