Thursday, December 11, 2014

Ebb and Flow

“I have a sign above my desk that says, “Ebb and Flow…..don’t expend energy treading……find the wisdom to help you float….and be in the flow.”
May you find your flow dear sweet one ” ~Dora Locklear
I woke up feeling rather heavy today, sluggish, tired, blah. I've had an amazing few days where I have literally almost felt on top of the world. I've had energy, I've felt great, I've had some amazing conversations and connections with others… so the contrast felt abrupt. In a conversation with some very special ladies,Dora posted the above comment in support of another. Whoa. Ebb and Flow. This struck me like one of those “AHA!” moments. It’s ok when things slow down or get heavy. Just like all things, it’s part of the natural cycle. I was trying to force the euphoric feeling I have been blessed to have the last few days, rather than acknowledging that softness, quiet, ease… these are just as powerful when allowed, rather than trying to force a feeling that just isn't. I compare it the the high one feels when they initially fall in love, after a while the love deepens, the feelings transition into something more complex but that feels less intense on the surface. What has emerged is so much more beautiful. Ebb and flow…. today is a day for allowing, acceptance; and I have emerged with a deeper understanding of myself, a trust in the process, and faith that it always is just as it is meant to be.
Thank you, Dora for your beautiful inspiration this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment