Saturday, December 12, 2009

Passion

Passion

The word generally elicits an emotional response, as it should. You cannot have passion without feeling. Upon hearing the word, most people’s initial thoughts probably wander to the lusty activities that happen between two people in the bedroom. However; it pertains to so much more than that, and I am not referring to a threesome. ;-)

What I am talking about is life passion. What stirs your thoughts and gives you butterflies in your belly? What is it that gets you excited, energized and enthused?

For me passion, food and cooking all go hand in hand. I love taking simple foods combining them with a little magic and a little science to create something wonderful. I enjoy this process even more when I have someone to share it with. There is nothing like watching someone take a bite, close their eyes and “Mmmmm….” . That means I did something right.

I just recently watched Julie and Julia with a dear friend of mine. I loved that movie. I am so envious that she thought of the idea first of writing a yearlong blog on Julia Child’s recipes. What an adventure that must have been!! What a treat to try so many different dishes, recipes, things you would otherwise not cook or eat. That would be a lifelong growing experience. Something you would never forget.

Unfortunately, she did think of it first. Not to mention I live alone and there is no way I would ever tackle something like that without having someone to help me eat all that food!! Perhaps someday…. Until then, it’s always nice to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment