Sunday, November 15, 2009

Time to Say Goodbye...

The time has come for me to say goodbye to some old friendships that I have outgrown. I find it sad to let people go that I was once close to. My life has undergone many changes in the last year and as I start a new chapter, I am defining more and more what I want and don’t want in my life. That includes people. It’s not that they are bad people; they are just in a different place, a different state of being than I am now. If I wish to truly move forward, I have to let go of the past that no longer suits my desires and goals. I am evaluating and scrutinizing every relationship that I have. Some key observations will determine who I stay in touch with and allow to remain present in my life, and who I will let go. Honesty and integrity, compassion and a positive outlook on life are big factors in who stays and who goes. There are also friendships that I currently keep that only contact me when they have problems, they will also go. Those for me will probably be the hardest to let go, but friendship is a two way street and I am not a therapist. I don’t wish to hurt anyone by saying goodbye, but the time has come for me to look out for me. I spend a lot of time and energy being there for others, and some of those others have no interest in me except for how I can help them and what I can do for them. I know they don’t intend to be this way, but when things are going well for them, they have other people that they share that with. Misery loves company and there are enough miserable people out there that those who dwell there will never be alone. Me, on the other hand, I wish to surround myself with people who I genuinely care about who care for me in return. I do not require my friends to be happy and in a positive state of mind at all times. We all have challenges and challenges can affect our thoughts, perceptions and emotions. It’s life. The difference being on whether a person chooses to say in misery or make some changes. To those I am letting go, I sincerely wish you well and hope one day you find a way to be happy and enjoy your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment